Taught by Miss Athalia Brison
Knowing any language opens up new horizons for the person who masters it. But knowing עברית – Lashon Kodesh opens up for the learner many special gates: gates to understand Tefillah and have כוונה; gates to understand and love תורה, נביאים, כתובים; gates to communicate with Jews from all over the world; gates to אהבת ארץ ישראל, etc. It is through learning עברית that our students will א”ה develop, benefit from and enjoy all the above.
- The students should be able to carry on a conversation in Hebrew.
- The students should be able to read and understand a story, a short book or newspaper.
- The students should be able to express themselves orally and to write Hebrew.
- The students should be able to listen to spoken Hebrew and understand the content.
- Basic grammar
- Vocabulary by topics of everyday life
- Language – word families
- Reading comprehension of short stories or articles
- Listening comprehension of short paragraphs
- Songs – to enjoy a bonus of the language
- The students will learn to look for the root of words.
- The students will practice short conversations.
- The students will demonstrate a “How-To” presentation in Hebrew.
- The students will act out short dialogues.