Taught by Mrs. Chana Sara Plotsker
פרשת השבוע still remains as a perfect timeless lesson for every Jewish person in every generation. From our Bubbies learning Tzenah U’reanah, to little cheder boys reviewing with their rebbe, to high school girls, or to mothers attending ongoing פרשה classes, there are endless depths to be plumbed in learning the פרשת השבוע. פרשה gives one a foundation and blueprint of our existence. Our vision is to instill in our girls the love & desire to open a חמוש & review the timeless messages of the פרשה every Shabbos.
- The girls will become familiar with and retain a thorough knowledge of פרשת השבוע.
- The girls will learn textual skills of reading the פסוק and רש”י so they can open up a חומש and read the פרשה by themselves.
- The girls will recognize and appreciate the depths of the Torah by delving into specific topics in the פרשה .
- The girls will be inspired and internalize life lessons from specific ענינים in the פרשה.
- The girls are required to prepare the פרשת השבועon their own every week until שני and are quizzed on what they prepared.
- Each פרשה lesson will include an in depth analysis of specific topics and ideas from the פרשת השבוע of that week. The lessons will include, learning in depth mefarshim, lively discussions and group work.
- The girls are encouraged to repeat their Divrei Torah at the Shabbos table, attend Shul and listen to קריאת התורה.
I look forward to working with your daughters and to a successful year.